Senior Software Developer
As one of the world’s largest online dating sites with a 10-year track-record and over 40+ million members, we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding user experience and an experimental, data-driven approach to innovation. If you’re interested in applying your talent in a company that combines job security with a non-corporate environment, and whose efforts help millions of people connect, this is the position for you. Mate1 offers it’s team members a great opportunity to stay on the leading edge of the new technological innovations in their field of work and play an important role in exciting projects shaping the future of the web.
- Design, develop, and maintain new generation and high performance web based systems.
- Provide mentorship and code reviews to team members.
- Monitor and ensure system and application availability alongside your teammates.
- Participate in team discussions and planning sessions.
- Be able to push yourself and team members to ensure that goals are met.
- Interface with technical and non-technical team members answering any questions they may have (oral and written communication is important).
- Excited to research and push new web technologies and experiences.
- Ability to provide time estimates for your work and hit deadlines in an agile environment.
- Scala and Java | 3+ years
- SQL | 5+ years
- Play Framework, Akka
- Linux / Unix / MacOS X (command line and scripting) | 3+ years
- Git for revision control
- Data assets: Cassandra, Redis, Kafka
- Library / framework assets: Struts2, Sencha Touch (2+) Framework, jQuery
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours
- A young and dynamic work environment with great opportunities to grow.
- A great kitchen with FREE drinks including hot coffee!
- Excellent benefits including dental and medical.
- The best location in the Plateau neighborhood of Montreal.
- We have a great team spirit. We work hard but we also like to have fun with outings and team activities.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) in Montreal.
Only candidates considered for interview will be contacted.